Monday, June 5, 2023
- The Biden-Harris Administration unveiled the U.S. National Clean Hydrogen Strategy and Roadmap, aiming to expedite the use of clean hydrogen, an energy source with low to zero carbon emissions.
- The goal of the plan is to advance the clean energy economy and decarbonization, potentially creating 100,000 new jobs by 2030.
- Clean hydrogen is anticipated to contribute significantly to reducing emissions in energy-intensive sectors, and it may enable long-term energy storage and diversify clean power generation.
- The Strategy outlines a vision for producing up to 50 million metric tonnes (MMT) of clean hydrogen annually by 2050, leveraging a $9.5 billion investment through the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
- Three key strategies outlined: focusing on high-impact uses, reducing costs through innovation and supply chain development, and building regional networks for production and use.
- The strategy, initially released for public comment in September 2022, is designed as a “living document” to be updated at least every three years.
Unedited Press Release:
Join the Newsletter
What’s better than free news straight from the source?