Who we are
USGovernmentNews.com is a free tool to simplify the process of keeping track of federal press releases. This site was founded by Government Affairs professionals who understand the need for timely and consolidated news from the federal government. For now, usgovernmentnews.com will focus on news from cabinet-level federal departments and agencies, but we plan to expand our aggregation services to include sub-agencies with large and impactful press releases.
For example, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is a sub-agency of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). CMS press releases are not always included in the HHS feed despite their large impact on the health industry, and this is something we would like to include without overwhelming the feed with healthcare-specific news. Please follow along as we expand and streamline our aggregation services so you never miss another government action, funding opportunity, rulemaking, or statement of policy.
USGovernmentNews.com does not support comment sections. Please share your opinions and policy positions elsewhere.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms or services:
- We will collect (and may retain) any personally identifying information, such as your name, street address, email address, and phone number, and any other information you provide. We will use this information to try to fulfill your request and may use it to provide you with additional information at a later time. We may share your information with third parties.
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
- The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), in that we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, information and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website: email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using the website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
US Government News
This document was last updated on March 9, 2023.